Our Research Translation Symposium has provided Australia’s health and medical researchers an opportunity to learn and share experiences about research translation and to network with others.
Since 2012, NHMRC has held 9 symposia - each has focused on a different theme:
- October 2012 - Putting research translation on the national health and medical research agenda
- October 2013 - From Bench to Bourke
- November 2014 - Achieving better health outcomes for Australians living with chronic conditions through more effective research translation
- October 2015 - Policy and Research: Working together to improve the health of Australians
- November 2016 - Embedding research into health care: building a culture of quality
- November 2017 - The Butterfly Effect: Translating Knowledge into Action for Positive Change
- November 2018 - Ensuring value in research
- November 2019 - Research Translation in the digital age: harnessing the power of data and analytical technologies
- November 2022 - Embracing Diversity (If you registered for the 2022 Symposium you can view recordings of plenary presentations and ePosters from the conference platform. Access is available until 22 November 2023.)
After a decade of delivering a Research Translation Symposium, NHMRC will no longer host an annual symposium. Accordingly, there will be no symposium held in 2023.
We sincerely thank our stakeholders for their interest, input and attendance over the years.