The National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) – European Union (EU) Collaborative Research Grant Scheme provides a contribution to Australian researchers participating in leading international collaborative research that has been favourably evaluated for funding under select European Commission (EC) Horizon Europe topics.
Eligible Horizon Europe topics for this round are:
- HORIZON-HLTH-2021-STAYHLTH-01-02: Towards a molecular and neurobiological understanding of mental health and mental illness for the benefit of citizens and patients
- HORIZON-HLTH-2021-ENVHLTH-02-02: Indoor air quality and health
- HORIZON-HLTH-2021-DISEASE-04-01: Improved supportive, palliative, survivorship and end-of-life care of cancer patients
- HORIZON-HLTH-2021-DISEASE-04-04: Clinical validation of artificial intelligence (AI) solutions for treatment and care
- HORIZON-HLTH-2021-DISEASE-04-07: Personalised medicine and infectious diseases: understanding the individual host response to viruses (e.g. SARS-CoV-2)
- HORIZON-HLTH-2021-CARE-05-01: Enhancing quality of care and patient safety
- HORIZON-HLTH-2021-TOOL-06-01: Smart medical devices and their surgical implantation for use in resource-constrained settings
- HORIZON-HLTH-2021-TOOL-06-02: Next generation advanced therapies to treat highly prevalent and high burden diseases with unmet medical needs
Note: More information about Horizon Europe topics can be found on the European Commission’s webpage.
European partners are responsible for submitting proposals to the EC under Horizon Europe.
Applications for NHMRC–EU Collaborative Research Grant Scheme are only required to be submitted to NHMRC if an application has been peer reviewed by the EC and is favourably evaluated for funding.
The Australian Chief Investigator A (CIA) must forward evidence that the application has been favourably evaluated, with their application, to NHMRC by the closing date.
A complete NHMRC–EU scheme application must consist of the following:
- Completion of relevant sections of the application form;
- The relevant information in the applicant’s profile in NHMRC’s grants management system;
- A copy of the Proposal submitted to the EC and evidence that the application has been favourably evaluated by the EC.