How to use the evidence: Assessment and application of scientific evidence focuses on how to evaluate and use the evidence gathered from a systematic literature review to inform the development of evidence-based clinical guidelines.
The information contained in A guide to the development, implementation and evaluation of clinical practice guidelines (NHMRC 1999) is being supplemented with a series of handbooks with further information on the main stages involved in the development of clinical practice guidelines.
- How to review the evidence: Systematic identification and review of scientific literature
- How to present the evidence for consumers: Preparation of consumer publications
- How to put evidence into practice: Implementation and dissemination strategies
- How to compare the costs and benefits: evaluation of the economic evidence
- Using socioeconomic evidence in clinical practice guidelines