14 March 2023
Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) funding outcomes announced
The Department of Health and Aged Care, Health and Medical Research Office has published the funding outcomes for the following grant opportunities:
- 2021 Clinical Trials Activity (GO5344)
- 2021 Chronic Respiratory Conditions (GO5338)
- 2021 Primary Health Care Digital Innovations (GO5337)
- 2021 Consumer-Led Research (GO5353)
- 2021 Maternal Health and Healthy Lifestyles (GO5336)
- 2021 Early to Mid-Career Researchers (GO5339)
- 2022 Effective Treatments and Therapies (GO5552)
- 2022 International Clinical Trial Collaborations Round 1 (GO5512)
- 2022 Clinician Researchers: Nurses, Midwives and Allied Health (GO5570)
- 2022 Cardiovascular Health (GO5550)
- 2022 Dementia, Ageing and Aged Care (GO5553)
- 2022 Mitochondrial Donation Pilot Program (GO5600)
- 2022 Stem Cell Therapies (GO5567)
- 2022 Australian Brain Cancer Research Infrastructure (GO5568)
- 2022 Pancreatic Cancer Research Grant Opportunity – Stream 1 (GO5543)
Outcomes for these grant opportunities are no longer under embargo.
Information about successful grants is available within two media releases on the Department of Health and Aged Care’s website:
- Nearly $400 million for exceptional medical research projects including projects to improve First Nations health
- $15 million for mitochondrial disease research
RAOs are requested to pass this information to the relevant Chief Investigators within their institutions.
Outcomes of other grant opportunities remain under strict embargo until announced.
Please contact the Research Help Centre for further information or assistance.