MRFF – 2021 Early to Mid-Career Researchers Grant Opportunity (GO ID: GO5339).
The 2021 Early to Mid-Career Researchers Grant Opportunity aims to enable or support emerging research leaders to make breakthrough discoveries, develop their skills, and progress their careers in Australia; and address intractable health issues and/or accelerate research translation with the potential to transform health care and/or health systems.
The objective of the 2021 Early to Mid-Career Researchers Grant Opportunity is to provide grants of financial assistance to support Australian medical research and medical innovation projects that:
- Stream 1 (Incubator): conduct early stage, small-scale research, led by early-career researchers, that seeks to assess the potential and feasibility of novel strategies to address a critical or intractable health issue
- Stream 2 (Accelerator): establish a large-scale interdisciplinary research program, led by mid-career researchers, that drives implementation of substantial improvements to health care and/or health system effectiveness
- Stream 3 (Targeted Call for Research): utilise co-funding between the MRFF, a sponsoring academic organisation and partner organisation(s) to accelerate translation of research led by early to mid-career researchers.
The intended outcome of the research funded by this grant opportunity is to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians by:
- Stream 1 (Incubator): supporting early-career researchers to develop innovative solutions for addressing significant health changes
- Stream 2 (Accelerator): supporting mid-career researchers to transform health practice/and or policy
- Stream 3 (Targeted Call for Research): supporting early to mid-career researchers to translate new therapies and/or products into practice.
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) is available from the Department of Health’s MRFF website.