The Human Research Ethics Application (HREA) enables all Australian research involving human participants to be efficiently and effectively reviewed. Starting in 2014, we developed the HREA with input from stakeholders from research and government. It was launched in 2016 and researchers can complete their applications online.
The currently available resources are listed below.
- Frequently asked questions - See Downloads
- HREA How-to guide - See Downloads
- How to download and save your completed HREA - See Downloads
- HREA Troubleshooting – Opening a zip on a Mac - See Downloads
- email@example.com or 1800 500 983 (within Australia) or +61 2 6217 9451 (international callers)
- Operating hours for HREA technical assistance are Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m AEST/AEDT, excluding public holidays and ACT public holidays.
- We cannot offer assistance or support for the following external HREA platforms, ERM, REGIS and Research GEMS. You should contact these providers directly for assistance.