The Human Research Ethics Application (HREA) form enables all Australian research involving human participants to be efficiently and effectively reviewed.
Starting in 2014, we developed the HREA with input from stakeholders from research and government. It was launched in 2016 and researchers can complete their applications online.
Current resources are listed below.
- HREA Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) guide
- Frequently asked questions
- HREA How-to guide
- How to download and save your completed HREA
- HREA Troubleshooting – Opening a zip on a Mac
- Phone (within Australia)
- 1800 500 983
- Phone (international callers)
- +61 2 6217 9451
Operating hours for HREA technical assistance are Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm AEST/AEDT, excluding public holidays and ACT public holidays.
We cannot offer assistance or support for the following external HREA platforms:
You should contact these providers directly for assistance.