The National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) – European Union (EU) Collaborative Research Grant Scheme provides a contribution to Australian researchers participating in leading international collaborative research that has been favourably evaluated for funding under select European Commission Horizon 2020 topics.
Eligible Horizon 2020 topics for this round are:
- SC1-BHC-06-2020: Digital diagnostics - developing tools for clinical decisions integrating in vitro and in vivodiagnostics
- SC1-BHC-08-2020: New interventions for Non-Communicable Diseases
- SC1-BHC-33-2020: Addressing low vaccine uptake
- SC1-BHC-24-2020: Healthcare interventions for the management of the elderly multimorbid patient
- SC1-BHC-29-2020: Environment, climate change and health - novel mitigating measures for improving population health
- SC1-DTH-12-2020: Use of Real-World Data to advance research on the management of complex chronic conditions
- SC1-DTH-13-2020: Implementation research for scaling up and transfer of innovative solutions involving digital tools for people-centred care
- SC1-DTH-02-2020: Personalised early risk prediction, prevention and intervention
- SC1-DTH-04-2020: International cooperation in digital solutions and robotics for independent living
- SC1-HCC-08-2020: Scaling up innovation for active and healthy ageing.
Note: More information about Horizon 2020 topics can be found on the European Commission’s webpage.
Responsibility for submitting proposals to the EC under Horizon 2020 lies with the European partners.
Applications for NHMRC – EU Collaborative Research Grant scheme are only required to be submitted to NHMRC if an application has been peer reviewed by the EC and is favourably evaluated for funding.
The Australian Chief Investigator A (CIA) must forward evidence that the application has been favourably evaluated, with their application, to the NHMRC by the closing date.
A complete NHMRC–EU scheme application must consist of the following:
- Completion of Parts A and B of the application form;
- The relevant information in the applicant’s profile in NHMRC’s grants management system;
- The uploaded PDF document containing your Research Proposal; and
- A copy of the Proposal submitted to the EC and evidence that the application has been favourably evaluated by the EC.