MRFF 2022 Australian Brain Cancer Research Infrastructure Grant Opportunity (GO ID: GO5568)
The Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) – Australian Brain Cancer Mission - 2022 Australian Brain Cancer Research Infrastructure Grant Opportunity will support an Australian medical research and medical innovation project that through a national consortium:
- develops, enhances and integrates brain cancer research infrastructure platforms
- enables and promotes new and improved research approaches and methodologies
- enables and promotes accessibility and the ongoing use of the brain cancer research infrastructure by researchers and clinicians.
For the purposes of this grant opportunity:
- ‘brain cancer research infrastructure’ includes clinical quality registries, biobanks, data collections, linkage platforms, use of artificial intelligence and informatics
- applications must include a minimum of three brain cancer research infrastructure platforms, with two of these being clinical quality registry and biobank platforms
- applications must consider strategies for the ongoing viability of the proposed brain cancer research infrastructure beyond the life of the grant.
The intended outcome of the research is to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians by developing new approaches for addressing brain cancer by generating knowledge that enables the development of new approaches, treatments and therapies that accelerate progress in improving the diagnosis and care for patients with brain cancer.
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) is available from the Department of Health’s MRFF website.