MRFF – Clinician Researchers Initiative - 2023 Clinician Researchers: Applied Research in Health Grant Opportunity
The Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) – CRI - 2023 Clinician Researchers: Applied Research in Health Grant Opportunity aims to support the next generation of talented Australian health professionals, drive medical research, make new discoveries and ensure implementation of best practice care for their patients.
The objective of Streams 1 and 2 is to provide grants of financial assistance to support medical research and medical innovation projects:
- led by clinician researchers who are specialist general practitioners or specialists in any other specialty
- that validate and implement new approaches for improving the quality of patient care
- address health issues in a Priority Population/s.
The objective of Stream 3 of this grant opportunity is to provide a grant of financial assistance to support a medical research project that prospectively evaluates projects funded through Streams 1 and 2 to generate knowledge that improves understanding of the factors that promote the adoption, impact and sustainability of evidence-based practice in health care.
The anticipated outcome of the research is to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians by:
- Streams 1 and 2: supporting specialist general practitioners and/or specialists in any other specialty to improve the quality of health care, practice and systems by undertaking applied research in health care that:
- improves outcomes for their patients
- addresses an identified health priority in clinical practice
- improves the effectiveness of health services by improving safety, quality and/or efficiency
- builds the capacity of clinician-researchers to undertake research that improves the quality of care patients receive.
- Stream 3: generating evidence that will support the effective implementation of evidence-based practice in health care.
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) is available from the Department of Health and Aged Care’s MRFF website.