MRFF – Stem Cell Therapies Mission – 2022 Stem Cell Therapies Grant Opportunity (GO ID: GO5567)
The Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) – 2022 Stem Cell Therapies Grant Opportunity will support world-leading translational stem cell research that develops and delivers innovative, safe and effective stem cell medicines to improve health outcomes, in partnership with patients and carers.
The objective of this grant opportunity is to provide grants of financial assistance to support medical research and medical innovation projects that:
- Stream 1: support short-term, small-scale development projects to establish the feasibility of novel cellular therapies.
- Stream 2: support short-term, small-scale projects that:
- develop and validate human stem-cell based models of disease, including genetic disease, infectious diseases and cancer
- develop high-content or high-throughput screening approaches, or
- generate patient-derived stem cell lines for screening treatments
The intended outcome of the research funded by this grant opportunity is to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians by:
- Stream 1: generating novel approaches to stem cell-based therapies that have the potential to transform clinical care
- Stream 2: generating new treatments using human tissues made from stem-cells for pre-clinical development.
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) is available from the Department of Health’s MRFF website.