The Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) – Cardiovascular Health Mission - 2022 Cardiovascular Health Grant Opportunity will support research to improve cardiovascular health and stroke for all Australians.
The objective of this grant opportunity is to provide grants of financial assistance to support Australian medical research and medical innovation projects that:
- Stream 1 (Targeted Call for Research): improve the understanding of cardiovascular disease risk, including biological mechanisms.
- Stream 2 (Targeted Call for Research): conduct preclinical development and validation of novel molecular targets and novel device approaches for cardiovascular disease and/or stroke.
- Stream 3 (Accelerator): conduct a large-scale project focused on discovery and testing of new, broadly applicable (multiple disease groups) interventions for cardiovascular disease and/or stroke (e.g. anti-inflammatory targets).
The intended outcome of the research funded by this grant opportunity is to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians by:
- Stream 1 (Targeted Call for Research): generating knowledge to improve the detection and prediction of cardiovascular disease and stroke to support effective prevention or intervention approaches.
- Stream 2 (Targeted Call for Research): providing new treatments and devices that prevent or ameliorate the effects of cardiovascular disease and/or stroke.
- Stream 3 (Accelerator): providing new therapeutics that improve long-term recovery and survivorship after a cardiovascular and/or stroke event.
Applications to this grant opportunity must propose research that addresses one of the three Streams of research.
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) is available from the Department of Health’s MRFF website