The Network of European Funding for Neuroscience Research (NEURON) aims to coordinate and optimise research efforts and funding programmes of its partner countries in the field of mental, neurological, and sensory disorders.
NHMRC is providing up to $3 million to support Australian-based researchers who are participating as partners in transnational consortia under the NEURON Call for Proposals for Multinational Research Projects on Mechanisms of Resilience and Vulnerability to Environmental Challenges in Mental Health.
NHMRC aims to fund the Australian-based components of research, where the transnational consortium has been recommended for funding by NEURON.
- NEURON calls for pre-proposals.
- NEURON conducts assessment of pre-proposals.
- NEURON invites successful pre-proposal applicants to submit a full proposal.
- NHMRC invites successful Australian-based researchers to apply to NHMRC for support of the Australian components of the research by submitting an application in Sapphire.
- NEURON conducts peer review on all full proposal applications submitted.
- Call Steering Committee considers and approves the final ranking list.
- NHMRC reviews the budgets requested for Australian partners.
- Funding recommendation approval process.
Further details for the call and guidance documents can be found on ERA-NET NEURON.
Grant at a glance
Before you submit an application, please make sure you have:
Grant submission advice
Read all relevant reference material
Liaise with your Administering Institution
to identify any specific requirements that the institution may have