The purpose of this policy is to provide clear information to NHMRC stakeholders about the procedures used for dealing with complaints. The policy sets four overall objectives for the agency’s handling of complaints:
- consistent and fair management of complaints
- sensitive and respectful handling of complaints
- prompt and effective complaint resolution
- information from complaints will be used to improve policies and services.
This policy outlines a process for complaints related to the following two areas:
- general complaints about NHMRC, including those relating to our policies, services, guidelines and advice
- complaints about NHMRC administrative processes related to research funding.
This policy does not cover NHMRC’s response to:
- Allegations of research misconduct or complaints related to investigations of research misconduct. Information about how such allegations can be reported and investigated is available on this website.