This Discussion Paper: Options to reach gender equity in the Investigator Grant scheme (see Download section below) presents four options to offset the systemic disadvantage faced by women in health and medical research, as reflected in the attrition of female applicants with seniority in the Investigator Grant scheme.
Consultation Now Closed
This Discussion Paper was facilitated to support an open discussion with the research sector on options to reach gender equity in NHMRC's Investigator Grant scheme. Feedback was supplied to help NHMRC decide whether to adopt one of these options, or a variant of them, or take a different approach to address the problem.
Open forums with the NHMRC CEO have been held at the following locations:
- Monday 1 August – Brisbane (University of Queensland)
- Tuesday 2 August – Townsville (James Cook University)
- Wednesday 3 August – Sydney (University of New South Wales)
- Friday 5 August – Melbourne (Monash University)
- Tuesday 9 August – Melbourne (University of Melbourne)
- Wednesday 10 August – Perth (Telethon Kids Institute)
- Thursday 11 August – Adelaide (SAHMRI)
- Tuesday 16 August – Canberra (Australian National University)
These events were an opportunity to hear more about the options presented in this Discussion Paper. An online tool was used to gauge reactions and seek feedback during these events.
For those who were unable to attend a session in person, there were three online sessions available:
- Friday 5 August 12.30 pm (AEST)
- Thursday 11 August 12:30 pm (ACST)
- Tuesday 16 August 12:30 pm (AEST).