The NHMRC Outstanding Contribution Award recognises outstanding long-term contributions, individual commitment and support to NHMRC
The awardee is an individual who has:
- made significant contributions to NHMRC
- been a strong advocate for health and medical research
- been an inspirational role model for the health and medical research community.
Nominations are considered by the NHMRC CEO, who selects the awardee in consultation with the Chair of Council. The following criteria are considered:
- personal, academic and professional achievements
- demonstrated leadership, innovation and creativity
- the impact of their contribution to Australian health and medical research and its outcomes
- residence of the nominee in Australia.
- 2019: Professor Kathryn North AC
- 2017: Professor Jane Hall
- 2015: Professor Melissa Little
- 2013: Professor Ron Trent
- 2011: Mrs Elizabeth Grant AM
- 2010: Professor David Weisbrot AM
- 2007: Sr Regis Mary Dunne AO; Mr Peter Wills AC
Nominations for the 2021 award have closed. For queries about this award, please contact NHMRC.Awards@nhmrc.gov.au.
The 2021 awardee is expected to be announced at the NHMRC Research Excellence Awards Dinner in June 2021. The awardee (or their nominated representative if a group or organisation) will be invited to attend the Awards Dinner (subject to pandemic related event/travel restrictions).