Under section 45 of the PGPA Act, the Chief Executive must establish and maintain an Audit Committee who will support the financial management and accountability obligations of the agency and provide a forum for communication between the Chief Executive, senior managers, the Agency’s internal auditors and the Auditor-General.
The NHMRC Audit Committee has been established under the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act).
Functions of Audit Committee
- financial reporting
- performance reporting
- system of risk oversight and management
- system of internal control
Members of the NHMRC Audit Committee are as follows:
- Ms Gayle Ginnane (Independent Chair)
- Mr Geoff Knuckey (CPA/ Qualified Accountant )
- Prof Matthew Gillespie AM (Member with relevant knowledge of the Health and Medical Research sector)
For further information regarding the NHMRC Audit Committee, please contact the Secretariat NAC.firstname.lastname@example.org