On Tuesday 5 July 2011 from 9:30am – 4:00pm NHMRC in conjunction with Alzheimer’s Australia will be holding a workshop focusing on the translation of dementia care research into better practice.
The aim of this workshop is to increase the capacity of Australia’s dementia care research, community-sector, policy and service provider communities to effectively translate research evidence into higher quality dementia care.
The objectives of the workshop are:
- To improve awareness and understanding of knowledge translation concepts and strategies amongst those involved in dementia care research, policy making and service provision;
- To increase linkages and provide opportunities for the exchange of ideas between those interested in evidence-based quality improvement of dementia care; and
- To bring together Australian and/or leaders in the fields of dementia care and knowledge translation to identify translational opportunities and priority areas.
Consumers, policy makers, service providers, researchers and community organisations with a strong interest in knowledge translation to improve the quality of evidence-based dementia care are encouraged to attend.
On demand video
- Prof Warwick Anderson, CEO, NHMRC
- Glenn Rees, CEO, Alzheimer's Australia
- Ron Sinclair, Chair, Consumer Dementia Research Network
- Dr Sharon Andrews, Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre