Publicly available information released following an FOI access request
The NHMRC is required by section 11C of the Freedom of Information Act 1982 to publish a disclosure log on its website. The disclosure log lists information which has been released in response to an FOI access request. This requirement has applied since 1 May 2011.
The disclosure log requirement does not apply to:
- personal information about any person if publication of that information would be unreasonable
- information about the business, commercial, financial or professional affairs of any person if publication of that information would be unreasonable
- other information covered by a determination made by the Australian Information Commissioner if publication of that information would be unreasonable
- any information if it is not reasonably practicable to publish the information because of the extent of modifications that would need to be made to delete the information listed in the above dot points.
Information attached to, or referred to, in the NHMRC’s disclosure log may be removed after 12 months, unless the information has enduring public value.
Accessing information in the Disclosure Log
The information described in the disclosure log table below has been released by the NHMRC under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 and is available for public access:
- Due to technical limitations we may not be able to provide in electronic format some information identified in the disclosure log. Hardcopy documents can be obtained by emailing us at email@example.com
- A link is provided in the disclosure log below if the information can be downloaded from this website or another website.
- All other information that is not available online may be obtained by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at GPO Box 1421 Canberra ACT 2601.
- There may be documents in the disclosure log that are currently not available in HTML format. If you are unable to read the format provided please contact us for an alternative format. We will try to meet all reasonable requests for an alternative format of the document in a timely manner and at the lowest reasonable cost to you.
A charge may be imposed in certain circumstances to reimburse the NHMRC for the cost incurred in copying or reproducing the information or sending it to you. You will be notified if any charge is payable and required to pay the charge before the information is provided.
NHMRC Freedom of Information disclosure log
Note: The FOI reference number in this table may not be sequential. This can occur because the FOI requests received by the NHMRC have been withdrawn at the request of the applicant, or information is deemed by the relevant Decision Maker to be of a commercial-in-confidential or personal nature, in accordance with section 11C of the FOI Act.
|FOI reference number||Access Date||Number of documents or pages / Type of release||FOI topic / information requested||Summary of documents released|
|2015/16-011||23 March 2016||14 documents released in full or part with redactions under Section 47E, 47F and 47G (147 pages in total).||
Copies of the documents associated with NHMRC Grant ID 1020204, in particular:
|External assessor reports, Financial reporting documents and RGMS grant administration|
|2015/16-012||21 July 2016||8 documents released in full or part with redactions under Section 22 (32 pages in total).||
Access to documents relating to NHMRC’s Homeopathy Review.
|2015/16-008||23 March 2016||13 documents released in full or part with redactions under Section 22 (102 pages in total).||
Copies of the documents associated with:
Homeopathy Working Committee Meetings April, May, July, Sept, and Oct 2013 Minutes
Homeopathy Working Committee Meetings June, July and Oct 2014 MinutesJuly 2013 Methodological Review Report
|Committee meeting minutes and Methodological Review.|
|2015/16-009||3 March 2016||9 documents released in full or part with redactions under Section 47F and 47 E.||
All documents and/or records mentioning, describing, or relating to any studies conducted or being conducted by the Lions Eye Institute and/or Avalanche Biotechnologies, Inc., on "rAAV.sFlt-1" or "AVA-101" for the treatment of age-related macular degeneration (AMD). One such study is the study conducted under Clinicaltrials.gov identifier “NCT01494805”.All documents and records submitted by the Lions Eye Institute or Avalanche Biotechnologies, Inc., to the Clinicaltrials.gov registry, regarding “rAAV .sFlt-1” or “AVA-101”, including the study under Clinicaltrials.gov identifier “NCT01494805”.
|Australian Clinical Trials Record, Application Summary, Background and Research Plan, combination snapshot, Scientific Reports and Financial Reports for Project Grant APP1010405.|
|2015/16-006||1 February 2016||7 documents released in full with redactions under Section 47G and Section 22.||
Final report relating to the evidence of homeopathy prepared by the first contractor between April and September 2012Last letter and email correspondence between NHMRC and Principal Researcher used by the first contractor to undertake evidence review of homeopathy between April, May, June, July and August 2012.
The FOI Act also requires the NHMRC to actively publish a range of information under the Information Publication Scheme (IPS). For further information, view our Information Publication Scheme page.
Information about making a Freedom of Information request, in relation to information held by the NHMRC, can be found on our Freedom of Information page.