NHMRC is making improvements to its grant funding program to ensure it continues to support the best Australian health and medical researchers.
The improvements aim to:
- Encourage greater creativity and innovation in research
- Provide opportunities for talented researches at all career stages to contribute to the improvement of human health, and
- Minimise the burden on researchers of application and peer review so that researchers can spend more time producing high quality research.
An important element of the new grant program will be how peer review can help to achieve these objectives. NHMRC’s CEO, Professor Anne Kelso AO, will outline peer review parameters and processes and invite the research sector’s perspectives on these issues for the new grant program.
Registrations are currently being accepted through Eventbrite, places are limited:
- 29 September 2017- Sydney, NSW
- 4 October 2017: Adelaide, SA
- 19 October 2017: Melbourne, VIC
- 1 November 2017: Canberra, ACT
- 21 November 2017 – Perth, WA
- 24 November 2017 – Brisbane, QLD
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please contact the NHMRC Strategy and Implementation Taskforce directly with any questions you may have at: email@example.com