Draft Public Statement on Water fluoridation and human health in Australia
Public consultation on the draft NHMRC 2017 Public Statement: Water fluoridation and human health in Australia will open on Tuesday 4 July 2017. More information available here.
The National Ethics Application Form (NEAF) has been replaced by the Human Research Ethics Application (HREA)
Users can access their NEAF accounts to copy or export any proposal data up until Friday 30 June 2017. The NEAF website will be decommissioned on Friday 30 June 2017 and proposal data will not be retained.
Researchers who generate and submit applications to Australian public hospital HRECs as part of the jurisdictional National Mutual Acceptance scheme can continue to use Online Forms. A transition to the HREA is anticipated to occur mid to late 2017. More information available here.
Project Grant Applicant Response release period
The applicant response release period for each application is listed online. Please note that the designated period cannot be changed.
Project Grant Applicant Response (rebuttal) process
- The second, and final, period for releasing Assessor Reports ommenced on Monday 26 June and concludes on Tuesday 4 July 2017.
- The exact date when assessor comments will be released depends on when NHMRC receives Spokesperson and External Assessor reports for an application.
- Applicants will be notified by email (sent from RGMS) when their assessor comments are available. Emails are sent to the preferred email address listed in the CIA’s RGMS profile.
- Applicants have up to 10 calendar days to lodge their rebuttal.
- Applicants that have any concerns with Assessor Reports or their applicant response (rebuttal) must notify NHMRC within the rebuttal period to enable prompt consideration.
- Please note that NHMRC considers an uploaded rebuttal to be final and rebuttals will be made available to panel members as soon as they are submitted.
Project Grant External Assessment Update
To date, 89.1 percent of Project Grant applications have received two written assessments from external assessors. NHMRC thanks external assessors and the members of the Assigners Academy for their dedication in securing external assessors.
Assessments are still being accepted for applications in the second Applicant Response release period. The Assigners Academy will continue to approach assessors and obtain assessments for these applications.
Targeted Call for Research into Dementia in Indigenous Australians
- The minimum data deadline of Wednesday 28 June 2017 has passed.
- Applications close at 5:00pm (AEST) Wednesday 12 July 2017.
Further details are available online.
Cancer Research UK’s Grant Challenge
Cancer Research UK’s Grand Challenge provides cancer research grants to international, multi-disciplinary teams, and is open for applications until Thursday 12 October 2017. Please refer to the Grand Challenge website for further information.