Webinar—update on NHMRC’s new grant program
NHMRC CEO, Professor Anne Kelso, will present an update on NHMRC’s new grant program via webinar on Friday 18 August 2017 between 13:00-14:00 (AEST). Register here. Spaces are limited.
MRFF—Antimicrobial Resistance Targeted Call for Research Grant Opportunity
As part of the first disbursements under the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF), NHMRC and the Department of Health are working to finalise the Antimicrobial Resistance Targeted Call for Research Grant Opportunity. NHMRC anticipates opening the call by the end of August 2017. Further information on the grant program is available in the Fact Sheet on Health’s website.
Research Committee activities update
On 21-22 June 2017, Research Committee met to discuss:
- progress on the Boosting Dementia Research Initiative
- the Review of the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research
- the application and peer review dates for 2018 funding rounds
- the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF)
- funding recommendations
- 2017 Budget implications for health and medical research, and
- the implementation of NHMRC’s new grant program.
The next usual business meeting of Research Committee will be on 21-22 September 2017. Research Committee will also meet in July and August for further discussions about the implementation of NHMRC’s new grant program.
Key grant application dates for 2017
- Partnership Projects—2017 Second Call: minimum data due Wednesday 2 August 2017. Applications close Wednesday 16 August 2017.
- Partnership Projects—2017 Third Call: open for applications 3 August 2017.
Progress of Project Grants applications for weeks 1-3
- Week 1 Grant Review Panel (GRP) meetings commence on Monday 31 July 2017.
Progress of Project Grants applications for weeks 4-6
- Week 4 GRP meetings commence on Monday 21 August 2017.
- Not For Further Consideration (NFFC) lists have been generated and provided to panel members to review.
Draft Public Statement on Water fluoridation and human health in Australia
Public consultation on the draft NHMRC 2017 Public Statement: Water fluoridation and human health in Australia is now open. Further information available here.
Connect with us on LinkedIn
NHMRC is on LinkedIn. Make sure you connect with us to get our latest updates, content from around NHMRC, news stories of some of the great research occurring and even information on potential jobs at NHMRC.