EU Joint Programme—Neurodegenerative Diseases Research (JPND) 2017 call
The JPND call for multinational research projects for pathway analysis across neurodegenerative diseases opened on Monday 9 January 2017. As part of the Boosting Dementia Research Grants Scheme Priority Round 2, NHMRC will provide up to $850,000 of funding per grant over a maximum of three years. This will be for Australian-based researchers participating in multinational consortia that have been favourably reviewed by JPND.
Please refer to the JPND website for further information. Applicants from Australia intending to participate in the call should download the Australian information sheet. Further information is also on the NHMRC website.
Update on Assigners Academy membership
Preliminary invitations have been sent to potential Academy members. NHMRC is reviewing responses in line with expected requirements.
The deadline for responses was Friday 16 December 2016 with 18% of Academy invitees yet to respond. Additional invitations may be sent as needed.
Update on Grant Review Panel (GRP) membership
Preliminary invitations have been sent to potential GRP members. NHMRC is reviewing responses in line with expected requirements.
The majority of outstanding responses are in the areas of Clinical Trials, Cancer Biology, Oncology, Neuroscience and Dementia with 15% of GRP invitees yet to respond.
Email NHMRC to respond to the invitation, particularly for these discipline areas. Additional invitations may be sent as needed.
Project Grants—2017 Project Grants scheme-specific funding rules
2017 Project Grants scheme-specific funding rules are now available for viewing online.
Early Career Fellowships 2017 Round opening in January
2017 Early Career Fellowships for funding commencing in 2018 are now open for applications. All applications must be submitted online through RGMS by 5:00pm AEDT, Wednesday 1 March 2017.
Career Development Fellowships—2017 Round opening in January
2017 Career Development Fellowships for funding commencing in 2018 will open for applications on Wednesday 18 January 2017. All applications must be submitted online through RGMS by 5:00pm AEDT, Wednesday 8 March 2017.
Key application dates
- Project Grants: opened for applications in RGMS on Tuesday 11 January 2017.
- Partnership Projects: opens for applications in RGMS on Wednesday 18 January 2017.
- GACD - prevention and management of mental disorders: opens in RGMS on Wednesday 18 January 2017.
- NHMRC/A*STAR Joint Call for Research in Novel Molecular Mechanisms of Obesity and Metabolic Diseases in Singapore and Australia: opens for applications in RGMS on Wednesday 25 January 2017. Applications must include at least one research team each from Singapore and Australia. Further information on this call is available on the NHMRC website
- Boosting Dementia Research Leadership Fellowships and Boosting Dementia Research Grants: minimum data is due in RGMS by 5:00pm AEDT, Wednesday 18 January 2017. Applications close by 5:00pm AEDT, Wednesday 8 February 2017. Applicants are reminded that late submission of applications will not be accepted. For minimum data requirements, refer to relevant scheme funding documentation.
Closure of the Human Research Ethics Portal (HREP)
NHMRC has closed the HREP permanently as all relevant information has been updated and is now available on the NHMRC website.