Key Application Dates
- The 2017 NHMRC funding calendar is now available.
Structural Review Forums
NHMRC have started holding public forums in several capital cities from 20 to 28 July 2016.
Places are limited for the remaining dates.
Register now for the 5th annual NHMRC Symposium on Research Translation
The theme for this year’s symposium is "Embedding research into health care: building a culture of quality”. The symposium will be held in Melbourne on 23 November 2016.
Changes to NHMRC public consultation process
The NHMRC will no longer be advertising in national daily newspapers to advise opportunities for public consultation on NHMRC public health, ethics, environmental and clinical practice guidelines. This requirement has now been removed from the NHMRC Regulations 2016.
As the NHMRC updates its processes to more of a digital and web-based presence, the following measures are how we will notify you for updating public consultations:
- You will now be able to register for notifications with the NHMRC Public Portal email subscription service
- A notification will appear on the NHMRC website
- NHMRC Health and Research Tracker newsletters will have public consultation announcements
If you would like any further information about this change, please contact the NHMRC.
Progress of Project Grants applications for weeks 1-3
- Week 1 Grant Review Panels commence on 1 August
Progress of Project Grants applications for weeks 4-6
- 1948 applications will be reviewed (8 applications withdrawn)
- NFFC lists (bottom 50% of applications) have been generated and provided to panel members to review
Learn more about the 2016 Project Grants Peer Review Process
A summary of 2016 Project Grants Peer Review Information highlights the discussion process for each application.
A Grant Review Panel induction video is now available.
Update on Project Grants Outcomes
NFFC outcomes are expected to be provided to applicants in September 2016. Outcomes of successful and unsuccessful applications that have been discussed at the Canberra GRP meetings will be advised in October 2016 pending Ministerial approval of outcomes.