Advanced Health Research and Translation Centres (AHRTC): New Q&A
NHMRC has posted answers to stakeholder questions regarding AHRTC submissions. Submissions close 8pm AEST, Tuesday 6 December 2016.
Centres for Innovation in Regional Health (CIRH): New Q&A
NHMRC has posted answers to stakeholder questions regarding CIRH submissions. Submissions close 8pm AEST, Tuesday 6 December 2016.
National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research, 2007 Consultation on Section 3
Public consultation on draft sections of the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research is now open.
Key application dates – Research Grants
Development Grants: RGMS opens 16 November 2016.
Project Grants: 2017 New Investigator eligibility form available for viewing in RGMS
- Early viewing to allow applicants to prepare their application
Available via the Applicant’s portal in RGMS. See link under the Applying for Grants heading
- Scheme documentation will be available in December 2016
- Project Grants applications open in RGMS on 11 January 2017.
Research Committee activities update
RC met face to face 27 and 28 October 2016 and members advised on:
- Funding Recommendations for Postgraduate Scholarships, Program Grants, TRIP Fellowships and Partnership Projects
- Targeted Calls for Research
- Research Priorities in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- Implementation of the Statement on Consumer and Community involvement in Health and Medical Research
- NHMRC’s Open Access Policies
- NHMRC policies on citizenship requirements and amount of time research grant holders spend in Australia
- Gender data from recent rounds and trends since 2013.
RC will meet next on 22-23 February 2016.
New Guidance for Safety Monitoring and Reporting in Clinical Trials
NHMRC will shortly issue new Guidance on safety monitoring and reporting in clinical trials. This Guidance will replace the existing 2009 Australian Human Ethics Committee Position Statement: Safety Monitoring and Reporting in Clinical Trials Involving Therapeutic Goods.
Improving the start-up times of clinical trials
NHMRC has published the Good Practice Process for Site Assessment and Authorisation Phases of Clinical Trial Research Governance (the Good Practice Process). Read how the start-up time of clinical trials can be reduced by over 100 days.
NHMRC Human Research Ethics Application (HREA) – launching November 2016
NHMRC is finalising the development of the Human Research Ethics Application (HREA) to replace the National Ethics Application Form (NEAF) and preparing to launch the application in November 2016.
5th Annual NHMRC Symposium on Research Translation
The Symposium to be held in Melbourne on 23 November 2016 is now only a few weeks away. A detailed program, along with registration details and plenary speaker profiles are available online.