The former WQAC consisted of the following members and terms of reference.
The WQAC Membership (2013 – 2015)
The previous WQAC consisted of following Chair and members:
- Dr David Cunliffe PSM (Chair), SA Health (South Australia)
- Mr Philip Callan, Kodiak Consulting Pty Ltd
- Adjunct A/Professor Sophie Dwyer PSM, Department of Health (Queensland)
- Adjunct A/Professor Andrew Humpage, South Australian Water Corporation
- Dr Stuart Khan, The University of New South Wales
- A/Professor Frederic Leusch, Griffith University and University of Queensland
- Mr Adam Lovell, Water Services Association of Australia
- Professor Michael Moore, The University of Queensland
- Mr David Sheehan, Coliban Water
- Professor Wayne Smith, New South Wales Ministry of Health
- Ms Carolyn Stanford (Consumer Representative), Stanford Marketing
- Mr Richard Walker, Water Corporation, Western Australia
- Dr Chris Hepplewhite (Observer), Department of the Environment
The previous Terms of Reference
Drinking water quality aligns with objectives 1 and 2 in the NHMRC 2010-2012 Strategic Plan and remains an important issue requiring a specialist committee to provide technical advice and expertise to the NHMRC.
The Water Quality Advisory Committee will:
- Continue to guide and provide expert advice on the rolling review of the ADWG, focusing on the public health aspects of water quality and priority issues identified by the NHMRC.
- Provide rapid scientific and technical advice to the CEO of the NHMRC on current and emerging health issues relating to water quality in Australia, as required.
- Provide advice on the translation of research findings into national health related water quality policy and practice initiatives.
- Identify evidence gaps in NHMRC water quality guidelines, and advise on the research needs relating to water quality and health.
Appointments to this Committee commenced on 1 February 2013 and conclude on 31 December 2015.