These template letters were developed by a specialist sub-group and approved by the Harmonisation of Multi-centre Ethical Review Reference Group, including representatives from all states and territories, to serve as a reference point for Human Research Ethics Committees (HRECs) and HREC administrators. These letters were designed to enable institutions and HRECs to provide accurate information to researchers based upon the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research (2007) (National Statement) in the conduct of multi-centre ethics review.
The project approval template letter was updated in November 2016 to reflect paragraph 5.2.22(a) of the National Statement. All other template letters were last updated in January 2012. Institutions and HRECs should refer to the National Statement for further guidance.
- Acknowledgement of receipt of project application (DOC,76KB)
- Notification of invalid project application (DOC, 36KB)
- Request for further information (DOC, 37KB)
- Project approval (DOC, 55KB)
- Notification of unfavourable decision (DOC, 40KB)
- Withdrawal of project approval (DOC, 50KB)
- Re-instatement of project approval (DOC, 39KB)
- Amendment approval (DOC, 40KB)