Committees advising National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) on the revision to the Dietary Guidelines.
Two Committees have been established under section 39 of the National Health and Medical Research Council Act 1992, to provide advice on the revision to the 2013 Australian Dietary Guidelines:
- Dietary Guidelines Expert Committee (the Expert Committee)
- This committee has been appointed to advise NHMRC on the evidence to be considered and the final recommendations in the revised dietary guidelines.
- The Expert Committee represents a wide range of expertise to ensure the evidence and the final recommendations are accurate and appropriate for Australians.
- Dietary Guidelines Governance Committee (the Governance Committee).
- As part of NHMRC's commitment to best practice and transparency, this committee has been appointed to consider possible conflicts of interest and potential bias across the revision process.
- The Governance Committee provides a clear and consistent approach to managing potential bias and actual or perceived conflicts of interest.