The NHMRC Corporate Plan 2017–2018 covers the period 2017–18 to 2020–21. It includes NHMRC’s strategic directions, which prior to 2015–16 were set out in the strategic plan. In line with the requirements of the National Health and Medical Research Council Act 1992, the Plan identifies the major health issues for this period, how NHMRC will deal with these issues and a strategy for medical research and public health research.
Also, in line with the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act), it sets out NHMRC’s purposes, planned activities and performance for the period, and addresses NHMRC’s capability, environment and risk oversight and management.
Key changes from the 2016–2017 Plan
- Some changes to structure of the Plan to improve readability, including moving the ‘Purposes’ section to the beginning of the Plan.
- Minor updates to the ‘Purposes’, ‘About NHMRC’ and ‘Risk oversight and management’ sections.
- Updates to the ‘Capability’ and ‘Environment’ sections to reflect current issues and future activity, including NHMRC’s new grant program.
- Updates to some strategic priorities.
- Changes to the performance measure section (page 25 onwards). Performance measures are more streamlined than in previous years, and reflect the 2017–18 to 2020–21 period covered by this Plan.
Online (html) version of the Corporate Plan
- html version of the NHMRC Corporate Plan 2017—2018
Previous NHMRC Corporate and Strategic Plans
- Corporate Plan 2016–2017
- Strategic Direction 2015–16 to 2018–19
- Corporate Plan 2015–2016
- Strategic Plan 2013–2015
- Strategic Plan 2010–2012
- Strategic Plan 2007–2009
- Strategic Plan 2003–2006
- Strategic Plan 2000–2003 (PDF, 540KB)
- Strategic Plan 1997–2000
- Strategic Plan 1995–1996 (PDF, 508KB)
- Strategic Plan 1991–1993