NHMRC has reviewed the scientific evidence for the effectiveness of homeopathy in treating a variety of clinical conditions with the aim of providing Australians with reliable information about its use. The comprehensive assessment of the evidence included:
- a systematic review of the evidence from available systematic reviews (an overview) on the effectiveness of homeopathy in treating a variety of clinical conditions in humans;
- a report on evidence submitted to the NHMRC prior to the commencement of the review;
- a report on evidence submitted to the NHMRC during public consultation on the draft information paper; and
- consideration of published guidelines and other government reports.
The evidence identified in this assessment of the evidence has been summarised in a NHMRC Information Paper.
A NHMRC Statement has also been developed, based on the Information Paper.
The Administrative Report provides a brief summary of the processes underpinning the homeopathy review, as well as links to a number of additional documents:
- Frequently Asked Questions;
- a summary of responses to public consultation submissions;
- a summary of responses to expert review feedback; and
- a list of studies considered in the Overview and Review of submitted literature.