A Research Fellowship is a five year fellowship supporting leading health and medical researchers in full-time research.
The objectives of the Research Fellowships scheme are to foster an intellectual environment which supports and builds the capacity of Australian research for the future and to create knowledge through investment in research which improves health and thus contributes to Australia’s prosperity.
Documentation to apply for a Research Fellowship
Critical documentation to apply to the Research Fellowships scheme is available on GrantConnect.
Applicants need to be a GrantConnect registered user to download Grant Opportunity documents prior to starting an application in RGMS. To register, applicants must complete the New User Registration on the GrantConnect website.
The following resources provide further information on how to apply for NHMRC grant funding:
- RGMS User Guides
- NHMRC Administering Institutions list
- Australian Standard Research Classifications and NHMRC Research Keywords/Phrases.
Apply for funding
Applicants must use the NHMRC’s Research Grants Management System (RGMS) to access/update their CV and Profile, and submit their Research Fellowship application.
Applicants who are not yet registered in RGMS should contact the Research Help Centre on email@example.com for more information.
A complete Research Fellowship application consists of:
- The relevant information in your RGMS Profile and CV
- Parts A and B of the application form including all required PDF uploads.
Prior to submission of an application for a Research Fellowship, applicants are to ensure they:
- Read all relevant reference material on GrantConnect GO Documents
- Liaise with their Administering Institution to identify any specific requirements that the institution may have
- Ensure their application is complete and correct.
Once submitted to NHMRC, an application will be considered final and no changes will be accepted.
Applicants are advised to contact the Research Administration Officer at their Administering Institution early in the application process and are asked to direct any questions they may have to their Research Administration Officer.
The key dates for the Research Fellowships 2018 funding round are as follows:
- Applications open: 6 December 2017
- Applications close: 17:00 hrs (5:00pm) AEDT, 31 January 2018
Changes to the 2018 Research Fellowships Scheme-Specific Funding Rules for funding commencing in 2019
- Section 6.3 Honorary Research Fellowships – The reference to Australia Fellowships has been removed.
If you require more information, direct your inquiry to your Research Administration Office in the first instance.
If you require assistance and are unable to satisfy your concern by seeking assistance through your administering institution:
Contact the Research Help Centre on 1800 500 983, or email firstname.lastname@example.org