Indicative dates for the NHMRC–EU scheme for funding commencing in 2019 funding round are as follows:
- Funding Documentation available on Grant Connect : November 2017
- RGMS open: September 2018, April 2019 (TBC)
- Applications close: October 2018, May 2019 (TBC)
Documentation to apply to the NHMRC–EU scheme
Documentation to apply can be found at GrantConnect, the Australian Government grants information system. GrantConnect is a centralised web-based facility for publication of agencies’ Grant Opportunities and Forecast Opportunities.
You need to be a GrantConnect registered user to download Grant Opportunity documents prior to starting your application in RGMS. To register, you must complete the New User Registration on the GrantConnect website.
The following resources provide further information on how to apply for NHMRC grant funding:
- RGMS User Guides
- Budget mechanism for funding commencing in 2019
NHMRC is considering supporting Australian researchers for the following Horizon 2020 calls:
- SC1-BHC-03-2018: Exploiting research outcomes and application potential of the human microbiome for personalised prediction, prevention and treatment of disease
- SC1-BHC-05-2018: International flagship collaboration with Canada for human data storage, integration and sharing to enable personalised medicine approaches
- SC1-BHC-09-2018: Innovation platforms for advanced therapies of the future
- SC1-BHC-15-2018: New anti-infective agents for prevention and/or treatment of neglected infectious diseases (NID)
- SC1-BHC-23-2018: Novel patient-centred approaches for survivorship, palliation and/or end-of-life care
- SC1-BHC-26-2018: HTA research to support evidence-based healthcare
- SC1-BHC-27-2018: New testing and screening methods to identify endocrine disrupting chemicals
- SC1-DTH-03-2018: Adaptive smart working and living environments supporting active and healthy ageing
- SC1-DTH-07-2018: Exploiting the full potential of in-silico medicine research for personalised diagnostics and therapies in cloud-based environments
- SU-TDS-02-2018: Toolkit for assessing and reducing cyber risks in hospitals and care centres to protect data/infrastructures
Note: 2018 Horizon 2020 topics can be found by searching under Societal Challenges Health, demographic change and wellbeing on the European Commission’s Calls for Proposals page.