NHMRC has funding available for three years (1 July 2017 – 30 June 2020) to support a range of Australian-based Cochrane Collaboration activities. The Cochrane Collaboration is an international, independent and not-for-profit organisation of 37,000 contributors from more than 130 countries1 that aims to promote evidence‑based practice in health care. Cochrane systematic reviews are a key element in improving the quality and accessibility of the evidence to support health care decision-making.
The funding available in Round 7 will be used to support the work of two entity types that provide editorial and other support for the production of Cochrane systematic reviews. The two entity types eligible to apply for funding are Cochrane Australia (CA) and Cochrane Review Groups (CRGs) with an editorial base in Australia.
Applying for funding
- The Cochrane Collaboration Round 7 Funding Program Guidelines April 2017 (Program Guidelines) and the application forms will be available on the NHMRC website. Application forms can also be requested from NHMRC by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Applicants should ensure they refer to the Program Guidelines when completing their application form.
- Applications must be certified and submitted by an NHMRC registered Administering Institution as per Section 3.3 of the Program Guidelines.
- Applications should include all information requested in the application form, including a scanned signed declaration. Incomplete applications may not be considered.
- Applications must be submitted electronically and emailed to the attention of Mr Alan Singh at email@example.com.
- Please note RGMS is not available to use to apply for Cochrane Collaboration funding.
- Applications OPEN 5 April 2017
- Applications CLOSE 9 May 2017 at 12 midday (AEST).
Documentation to Apply for a Cochrane Collaboration Grant
- The Cochrane Collaboration, Round 7 Funding Program Guidelines, April 2017
- Application for Funding – Cochrane Australia
- Application for Funding – Cochrane Review Groups
- Commonwealth Low-Risk Grant Agreement Template
If you require more information, please direct your inquiry to your Research Administration Office in the first instance.
The NHMRC Cochrane Grants area can be contact on 03 8866 0403 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org