The NHMRC National Institute for Dementia Research (NNIDR) is part of the Boosting Dementia Research Initiative and will target, co-ordinate and translate the Australian research effort in dementia.
Boosting Dementia Research Grants will provide financial support for individual researchers, teams of researchers or organisations to undertake research and implementation projects in identified priority areas that will deliver on the Institute’s policy objectives.
Important dates for Boosting Dementia Research Grants Round applications are as follows:
|Round 1||Implementation of Dementia Research into Clinical Practice and Care||
OPEN: 23 November 2016
MINIMUM DATA: 18 January 2017
CLOSE: 08 February 2017
|Round 2||JPND Call for Multinational Research Projects for Pathway Analysis Across Neurodegenerative Diseases||Please refer to JPND website for dates|
|Round 3||National Dementia Network||
OPEN: 13 September 2017
MINIMUM DATA: 11 October 2017CLOSE: 08 November 2017
|Round 4||Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) Call for Multinational Projects on Health and Social Care for Neurodegenerative Disease||Please refer to JPND website for dates|
- Round 4: European Union Joint Program on Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) Call for Multinational Projects
- Round 1: Implementation of Dementia Research into Clinical Practice and Care
- Outcomes of Boosting Dementia Research Grants Priority Round 1: Implementation of Dementia Research into Clinical Practice and Care
- Round 2: JPND Call for Multinational Research Projects for Pathway Analysis Across Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Round 3: National Dementia Network
Documentation to apply for the Boosting Dementia Research Grants
Documentation to apply can be found at GrantConnect, the Australian Government grants information system. GrantConnect is a centralised web-based facility for publication of agencies’ Grant Opportunities and Forecast Opportunities.
You need to be a GrantConnect registered user to download Grant Opportunity documents prior to starting your application in RGMS. To register, you must complete the New User Registration on the GrantConnect website.
The following resources provide further information on how to apply for NHMRC grant funding:
Research Classifications Guides including Broad Research Area, Fields of Research and NHMRC Keyword ⁄ Phrases
Archived Documentation for Previous Calls
- NHMRC National Institute for Dementia Research Grants Round 1: JPco-fuND - European research projects on neurodegenerative diseases
- Outcomes of NHMRC National Institute for Dementia Research Grants Priority Round 1 - JPco-fuND (PDF, 35KB)
If you require more information, direct your inquiry to your Research Administration Office in the first instance.
If you require assistance and are unable to satisfy your concern by seeking assistance through your Administering Institution.
Contact the Research Help Centre on 1800 500983, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.