The National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) – European Union (EU) Collaborative Research Grants scheme provides a contribution to Australian researchers participating in leading international collaborative research that has been favourably evaluated for funding under select European Commission Horizon 2020 topics.
Eligible Horizon 2020 topics for this round are:
- SC1-BHC-01-2019: Understanding causative mechanisms in co- and multimorbidities.
- SC1-BHC-02-2019: Systems approaches for the discovery of combinatorial therapies for complex disorders.
- SC1-BHC-07-2019: Regenerative medicine: from new insights to new applications.
- SC1-BHC-13-2019: Mining big data for early detection of infectious disease threats driven by climate change and other factors.
- SC1-BHC-14-2019: Stratified host-directed approaches to improve prevention and/or treatment of infectious diseases.
- SC1-BHC-19-2019: Implementation research for maternal and child health.
- SC1-BHC-22-2019: Mental health in the workplace.
- SC1-BHC-25-2019: Demonstration pilots for implementation of personalised medicine in healthcare.
- SC1-BHC-28-2019: The Human Exposome Project: a toolbox for assessing and addressing the impact of environment on health.
- SC1-DTH-01-2019: Big data and Artificial Intelligence for monitoring health status and quality of life after the cancer treatment.
Note: More information about Horizon 2020 topics can be found on the European Commission’s webpage.
Responsibility for submitting proposals to the EC under the Horizon 2020 lies with the European partners.
Applications for NHMRC – EU Collaborative Research Grants scheme are only required to be submitted to NHMRC if an application has been peer reviewed by the EC and is favourably evaluated for funding.
The Australian Chief Investigator A (CIA) must forward evidence that the application has been favourably evaluated, with their application, to the NHMRC by the closing date.
A complete NHMRC–EU scheme application must consist of the following:
- Completion of Parts A and B of the application form;
- The relevant information in the applicants profile in NHMRC’s grants management system;
- The uploaded PDF document containing your Research Proposal; and
- A copy of the Proposal submitted to the EC and evidence that the application has been favourably evaluated by the EC.