The Medical Research Future Fund - Preventive and Public Health Research Initiative - 2019 Preventive and Public Health Research Grant Opportunity will support research that focuses on one or more of the following priority areas:
- Maternal health and the first 2000 days
- Early childhood, and
- Exercise and nutrition.
The objectives of this grant opportunity are to:
- foster new discoveries that lead to practice changes in community and clinical settings
- increase collaboration across academic disciplines, policy makers and health services to better understand the social, cognitive and emotional aspects of people’s health choices
- develop guidance, tools and interventions to support Australians to adopt positive behaviour change and to live active and healthy lives, and
- improve health outcomes for Australians living with chronic and complex disease through innovative public health approaches, particularly for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and for, disadvantaged regional and rural and culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Commonwealth Department of Health.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund and the Preventive and Public Health Research Initiative is available on the Department’s website at: https://www.health.gov.au/mrff.