The Medical Research Future Fund – Global Health Initiative aims to support research that will enhance knowledge and develop tools to combat threats to national health security posed by the regional and global challenges of antimicrobial resistance and drug resistant tuberculosis through international research collaboration.
The objectives of the 2019 Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance and Drug Resistant Tuberculosis in Pacific Island Countries Grant Opportunity are to:
- support innovative, high-quality, collaborative research that focuses on interventions to improve prevention, diagnosis and treatment of AMR and DR-TB
- promote effective translation of research into health policy and/or practice
- develop strategies that improve outcomes for individuals and communities in our region
- build collaboration between Australia and Pacific Island Countries
- transfer knowledge between Australia and Pacific Island Countries to build workforce capability
- increase knowledge and understanding of AMR and DR-TB
- leverage collaborations between research teams, policy makers, healthcare funders and the health delivery sector (e.g. education, community, industry and/or healthcare).
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Commonwealth Department of Health.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund and the Global Health Initiative is available on the Department’s website at: https://www.health.gov.au/mrff.