MRFF – Million Minds Mental Health Research Mission - 2022 Mental Health Research Grant Opportunity
The Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) – 2022 Mental Health Research Grant Opportunity will provide grants of financial assistance to support Australian medical research and medical innovation projects that:
- Stream 1 (Incubator): conduct small-scale developmental projects to improve the understanding of:
- Topic A: social determinants of mental health to inform the prevention of, and treatments for, mental illness and psychological distress
- Topic B: social determinants and protective factors for the optimal mental health of children (0 to 12 years)
- Topic C: social determinants and protective factors for the optimal mental health of young people (12 to 25 years)
- Stream 2 (Incubator): conduct small-scale projects to develop new and improved diagnostic tools for mental illness.
Applications to this grant opportunity must propose research that addresses one of the two Streams of research.
The intended outcome of the research funded by this grant opportunity is to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians by:
- Stream 1 (incubator): generating knowledge on the factors supporting optimal mental health to inform new treatments and preventions.
- Stream 2 (incubator): improving diagnosis of mental illness as an enabler for accessing treatment and support.
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) is available from the Department of Health and Aged Care’s MRFF website.