MRFF – Preventive and Public Health Research Initiative and Emerging Priorities and Consumer Driven Research Initiative - 2022 Effective Treatments and Therapies Grant Opportunity (GO ID: GO5552)
The Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) – 2022 Effective Treatments and Therapies Grant Opportunity will support medical research and medical innovation projects that:
- Develop, implement and/or validate scalable approaches for personalised exercise programs to maximise disease risk factor reduction and adherence in adults.
- Develop, implement and/or validate approaches for effective community-led physical activity programs co-designed with a priority population.
- Develop, implement and/or validate approaches that use treatments and therapies to improve the quality of life of children and adolescents with childhood dementia.
The anticipated outcomes of the research are to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians by supporting the development and implementation of:
- Effective exercise programs that reduce the risk of disease in Australian adults.
- Evidence-based community-led programs that increase physical activity amongst priority populations.
- Evidence-based programs that ameliorate symptoms of progressive neurological deterioration and mental impairment in children and adolescents.
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) is available from the Department of Health’s MRFF website.