MRFF – Preventive and Public Health Research Initiative - 2022 Assessment of High-Cost Gene Treatments and Digital Health Interventions Grant Opportunity (GO5815)
The Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) – 2022 Assessment of High-Cost Gene Treatments and Digital Health Interventions Grant Opportunity will provide grants of financial assistance to support Australian medical research and medical innovation projects that:
- Stream 1 (Targeted Call for Research): develop a generalisable model to support assessment and validation of the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of new and emerging high upfront-cost therapeutics which includes consideration of ethical, legal, social and cultural aspects.
- Stream 2 (Targeted Call for Research): conduct an implementation trial in both rural/remote and major city settings utilising the continuous remote monitoring capabilities of pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillators to assess their health and non-health outcomes such as patient preferences, usability and cost effectiveness and appropriateness.
- Stream 3 (Targeted Call for Research): undertake a retrospective or prospective evaluation of an implementation of a digital health intervention in order to assess the relative impact of augmenting face-to-face care with data from digital tools that advances assessment methods for digital innovations.
Applications to this grant opportunity must propose research that addresses one of the three Streams of research.
The intended outcome of the research funded by this grant opportunity is to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians by:
- Stream 1: informing decision making about the assessment of new and emerging high upfront-cost therapeutics for the Australian health care system.
- Stream 2: generating evidence that will support clinically effective, safe, and cost-effective implementation of remote cardiac monitoring.
- Stream 3: generating evidence that will support the effective implementation of digital innovations that augment face-to-face care.
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) is available from the Department of Health and Aged Care’s MRFF website.