MRFF 2021 Traumatic Brain Injury Grant Opportunity (GO ID: GO5066)
The objectives of the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) – 2021 Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Grant Opportunity is to provide grants of financial assistance to support Australian medical research and medical innovation projects that:
- Stream 1 (Targeted Call for Research): through a competitively selected national consortium, improve care for mild TBI by designing and implementing informatics approaches that gather nationally representative social, biological, health, clinical, intervention and outcome data of value to people with lived experience of TBI
- Stream 2 (Targeted Call for Research): develop and implement new approaches for the prevention, diagnosis and/or treatment of sports-related concussion.
The intended outcome of the research funded by this grant opportunity is to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians by:
- Stream 1 (Targeted Call for Research): supporting the development of more effective, evidence-based care for mild TBI through increased knowledge and its effective application
- Stream 2 (Targeted Call for Research): reducing the incidence of sports-related concussion and its impact through more effective diagnosis and treatment.
Both streams are intended to support large-scale interdisciplinary research.
For this grant opportunity,
- up to $3 million of funding from the Traumatic Brain Injury Mission is available from 2021-22 for Stream 1, and
- up to $1 million of funding from the Emerging Priorities and Consumer Driven Research Initiative is available over 1 year from 2021-22 for Stream 2.
The maximum project period in each Stream is three years.
Applications to this grant opportunity must propose research that addresses one of the two Streams of research. An application may be submitted to one of the above two streams only. Applicants must specify the Stream to which they are applying in their application.
There will be two separate application forms in Sapphire to select from for Stream 1 and Stream 2.
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) is available from the Department of Health’s MRFF website.