MRFF – Preventive and Public Health Research Initiative – 2021 Maternal Health and Healthy Lifestyles Grant Opportunity (GO ID: GO5336)
The Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) – Preventive and Public Health Research Initiative – 2021 Maternal Health and Healthy Lifestyles Grant Opportunity will provide grants of financial assistance to support Australian medical research and medical innovation projects that:
- Stream 1: develop new scalable approaches to improve maternal and or early childhood nutrition and exercise
- Stream 2: develop new scalable approaches to reduce alcohol and other drug use by adolescents and young adults
- Stream 3: develop new co-designed and scalable lifestyle interventions to reduce the risk of cancer in priority populations.
The intended outcome of the research funded by this grant opportunity is to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians by:
- Stream 1: reducing mortality and morbidity in mothers and babies
- Stream 2: reducing the harm caused by alcohol and drug use by adolescents and young adults
- Stream 3: reducing cancer incidence by improving modifiable lifestyle-related risk factors in priority populations.
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) is available from the Department of Health’s MRFF website.