MRFF – 2021 Brain Cancer Research Grant Opportunity (GO ID: GO5328)
The Australian Brain Cancer Mission (the Mission) aims to double the survival rates and improve the quality of life of patients with brain cancer over 10 years, with the longer term aim of defeating brain cancer.
The Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) – 2021 Brain Cancer Research Grant Opportunity will support research by providing grants of financial assistance to support Australian medical research and medical innovation projects that involve pre-clinical brain cancer research that is large-scale, innovative, collaborative and inter-disciplinary, and which have high translational potential. Example areas of focus may include:
- Pre-clinical drug development
- Brain tumour biology, including mechanisms of brain tumour pathogenesis
- Delivery of drugs across the blood brain barrier.
The intended outcome of the research funded by this grant opportunity is to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians diagnosed with brain cancer by:
- demonstrating novel and innovative approaches to addressing a challenge in brain cancer that have high translational potential, and
- supporting strengthened collaborations across national and international brain cancer research networks and building critical mass in the Australian brain cancer research workforce.
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) is available from the Department of Health’s MRFF website.