The Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) – 2020 Rare Cancers, Rare Diseases and Unmet Need Grant Opportunity will support to increase clinical trial activity in Australia by supporting new, high quality clinical trials research into rare cancers, rare diseases and areas of unmet medical need
The anticipated outcomes of the research is to enable or support:
- New opportunities for clinical trial participation and associated benefits from accessing the latest research by members of the Australian community living with a medical condition for which there are limited effective treatment options.
- Attention given to under-researched health priorities and conditions, such as rare cancers and rare diseases.
- Deployment of innovative trial designs and recruitment strategies to provide high-quality evidence of the efficacy of new health treatments, drugs and devices.
- Purposeful health service engagement to improve the translation of research into practice and improve outcomes for patients.
- Implementation of new health treatments, drugs and devices to improve health and wellbeing.
- Reinforcement of Australia’s position as a preferred destination for clinical trials.
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) is available from the Department of Health’s MRFF website.