This joint call supports Australian participation and collaboration in leading international collaborative research through the European Union Joint Programme – Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND). JPND aims to increase coordinated investment between participating countries in research aimed at finding causes, developing cures, and identifying appropriate ways to care for those with neurodegenerative diseases.
NHMRC is providing up to $2 million to support Australian-based researchers who are participating as a regular partner in international consortia under the European Union Joint Program – Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) Call for Proposals: Understanding the mechanisms of non-pharmacological interventions.
NHMRC will provide merit-based funding for the Australian-based components of research, where the transnational consortium has been recommended for funding by the JPND.
- JPND calls for pre-proposals.
- JPND conducts assessment of pre-proposals.
- JPND invites successful pre-proposal applicants to submit a full proposal.
- NHMRC invites successful Australian-based researchers to apply to NHMRC for support of the Australian components of the research by submitting an application in Sapphire.
- JPND conducts peer review on all full proposal applications submitted
- Call Steering Committee considers and approves the final ranking list.
- NHMRC reviews the budgets requested for Australian regular partners.
- Funding recommendation approval process.
Further details for the call and guidance documents can be found on the JPND website.