The Government is now in a caretaker period. Until the new government is sworn in, government operations are conducted in accordance with the Caretaker Conventions.
NHMRC established the Community and Consumer Advisory Group (CCAG) to provide strategic advice on health matters and on health and medical research matters from a consumer and community perspective.
CCAG plays an important role in providing a health consumer perspective on a diverse range of NHMRC business, including advice on consumer involvement in health and medical research.
The advice of the CCAG complements the advice and expertise of community and consumer representatives on the NHMRC Council and its Principal Committees.
CCAG is a Working Committee that was established under Section 39 of the National Health and Medical Research Council Act 1992 and is comprised of 11 consumer and community leaders in Australia.
- Hon Judith Moylan AO (Chair) (also Member of NHMRC Council)
- Ms Ainslie Cahill (also Member of Australian Health Ethics Committee)
- Ms Rebecca Davies AO (also Member of Health Innovation Advisory Committee)
- Ms Christine Gunson (also Member of Research Committee)
- Ms Philippa Kirkpatrick (also Member of Health Translation Advisory Committee)
- Associate Professor Daniel McAullay (also Member of Principal Committee Indigenous Caucus)
- Dr Todd Harper
- Mr Demos Krouskos
- Ms Anne McKenzie AM
- Mr Glenn Rees AM
- Mr John Stubbs