The following sections describe the specific processes, timelines and expectations that apply to the peer review of the National Health and Medical Research Council’s (NHMRC) Targeted Call for Research (TCR) applications.
These scheme-specific guidelines complement and must be read in conjunction with the following supporting documents:
- the Guide to NHMRC Peer Review 2017, which outlines the overarching principles and obligations under which the NHMRC peer review process operates
- the NHMRC Funding Rules 2017, incorporating the Funding Rules for NHMRC’s Targeted Call for Research (TCR) Program which set out the rules, objectives and other considerations relevant to NHMRC funding
- the call-specific Funding Rules, which provide information specific to each call, including the aims and objectives of the call, and key dates
- the NHMRC Advice and Instructions to Applicants 2017, incorporating the Targeted Call for Research scheme-specific Advice and Instructions to Applicants, which provide guidance to assist researchers and Administering Institutions with preparing and submitting applications
- the NHMRC Funding Agreement which sets out the terms and conditions of funding between the NHMRC and Administering Institutions.
It is recommended that you read the Guide to NHMRC Peer Review 2017 before reading these scheme-specific guidelines.