Publicly available information released following an FOI access request
The NHMRC is required by section 11C of the Freedom of Information Act 1982 to publish a disclosure log on its website. The disclosure log lists information which has been released in response to an FOI access request. This requirement has applied since 1 May 2011.
The disclosure log requirement does not apply to:
- personal information about any person if publication of that information would be unreasonable
- information about the business, commercial, financial or professional affairs of any person if publication of that information would be unreasonable
- other information covered by a determination made by the Australian Information Commissioner if publication of that information would be unreasonable
- any information if it is not reasonably practicable to publish the information because of the extent of modifications that would need to be made to delete the information listed in the above dot points.
Information attached to, or referred to, in the NHMRC’s disclosure log may be removed after 12 months, unless the information has enduring public value.
Accessing information in the Disclosure Log
The information described in the disclosure log table below has been released by the NHMRC under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 and is available for public access:
- Due to technical limitations we may not be able to provide in electronic format some information identified in the disclosure log. Hardcopy documents can be obtained by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A link is provided in the disclosure log below if the information can be downloaded from this website or another website.
- All other information that is not available online may be obtained by emailing us at email@example.com or writing to us at GPO Box 1421 Canberra ACT 2601.
- There may be documents in the disclosure log that are currently not available in HTML format. If you are unable to read the format provided please contact us for an alternative format. We will try to meet all reasonable requests for an alternative format of the document in a timely manner and at the lowest reasonable cost to you.
A charge may be imposed in certain circumstances to reimburse the NHMRC for the cost incurred in copying or reproducing the information or sending it to you. You will be notified if any charge is payable and required to pay the charge before the information is provided.
NHMRC Freedom of Information disclosure log
Note: The FOI reference number in this table may not be sequential. This can occur because the FOI requests received by the NHMRC have been withdrawn at the request of the applicant, or information is deemed by the relevant Decision Maker to be of a commercial-in-confidential or personal nature, in accordance with section 11C of the FOI Act.
|FOI REFERENCE NUMBER||ACCESS DATE||NUMBER OF DOCUMENTS OR PAGES / TYPE OF RELEASE||FOI TOPIC / INFORMATION REQUESTED||SUMMARY OF DOCUMENTS RELEASED|
|2016-17/019||10/03/2017||10 documents released in full or part with redactions under Section 45 (33 pages in total).||Documents relating to the National Health and Medical Research Council’s (NHMRC) processes for considering the ethics of water fluoridation and the production of the ‘Ethical considerations’ section of its Draft Information Paper: Effects of water fluoridation on dental and other health outcomes (draft Information Paper).||Draft and final versions of relevant meeting papers, minutes and agenda|
|2016/17-005||17/1/2017||15 documents released in full or part with redactions under Section 22 (1)(a)(ii) (40 pages in total).||Documents relating to the appointment and disclosure of interests of the Alcohol Working Committee (AWC) appointed by the NHMRC.||Disclosure of Interest forms and Appointment Minute.|
|2016-17/006||01/12/2016||1 document released in full or part with redactions under Section 45 (201 pages in total).||
Copies of public consultation submissions made to NHMRC regarding the Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Management of Overweight and Obesity in Adults, Adolescents and Children in Australia (the Guidelines).
|Public Consultation Report|
The FOI Act also requires the NHMRC to actively publish a range of information under the Information Publication Scheme (IPS). For further information, view our Information Publication Scheme page.
Information about making a Freedom of Information request, in relation to information held by the NHMRC, can be found on our Freedom of Information page.