The NHMRC Audit Committee has been established under the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act). Under section 45 of the PGPA Act, the Chief Executive must establish and maintain an Audit Committee with functions that include helping the Agency to comply with its financial management and accountability obligations and providing a forum for communication between the Chief Executive, senior managers, the Agency’s internal auditors and the Auditor-General.
The functions and responsibilities of an Audit Committee as listed in section 17 of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Rules 2014 (PGPA Rules) include reviewing the appropriateness of the:
- financial reporting;
- performance reporting;
- system of risk oversight and management; and
- system of internal control.
Members of the NHMRC Audit Committee are as follows:
- Ms Gayle Ginnane (Independent Chair)
- Mr Geoff Knuckey (CPA/ Qualified Accountant )
- Dr Jeannette Young (member of NHMRC Council)
- Prof Matthew Gillespie (member with relevant knowledge of the Health and Medical Research sector)
- Mr Tony Kingdon (NHMRC General Manager)
NHMRC Audit Committee Charter
Contact for further information
For further information regarding the NHMRC Audit Committee, please contact the Secretariat on (02) 6217 9040 or email NAC.email@example.com.