The NHMRC Corporate Plan 2016–2017 covers the period 2016–17 to 2019–20. It includes NHMRC’s strategic directions, which prior to 2015–16 were set out in the strategic plan.
In line with the requirements of the National Health and Medical Research Council Act 1992, the Plan identifies the major health issues for this period, how NHMRC will deal with these issues and a strategy for medical research and public health research.
Also, in line with the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act), it sets out NHMRC’s purposes, planned activities and performance for the period, and addresses NHMRC’s capability, environment and risk oversight and management.
Key changes from the 2015–2016 plan
- Updates to the performance measures and targets on pages 24 to 36, in order to reflect the 2016–17 to 2019–20 period covered by this Plan, and some additional explanation in the introduction to this section about NHMRC’s approach to performance measurement.
- Minor wording updates to the ‘Introduction’, ‘About NHMRC’ and ‘Risk oversight and management’ sections.
- Updates to the ‘Capability’ and ‘Environment’ sections to reflect current issues and activity.
- Addition of a table in the ‘NHMRC purposes’ section to illustrate the line of sight between the Plan and the Portfolio Budget Statements and updating of the funding outcomes table in this section.
- Minor wording updates to Investment and Integrity strategic priorities, and some updates to the Translation strategic priority to better reflect goals in this area.
- Some additional points in the description of Activity 1.1 (page 24) under the Investment strategic priority to further clarify the scope of this activity.