In response to feedback from users, NHMRC has introduced a number of fixes and enhancements to ‘My Profile’ capabilities in Sapphire. These include functional and user interface improvements for researchers as well as changes to better support NHMRC activities that rely on Profile information as outlined below.
- New “Profile Status and Activity” reporting page showing when Profile information was last updated and the number of records existing in a section.
- New “Edit Mode” that checks for and highlights any incomplete data when saving.
- New Upcoming Grant Opportunity (GOs) comparison function that compares Profile records with the aggregated requirements of all selected GOs.
- Updates to mandatory Profile fields to improve data quality for assessment, analysis and reporting purposes.
- Added Role data to My Grants section.
- Fixed imported Publication page range data.
User interface improvements
- Enhanced functions to view, sort, filter information in the Profile.
- Profile landing page now allows users to mark sections as invisible in the left hand Profile menu.
- Multiple Table views: Different views of the same table can be saved.
- Visible columns: Ability to select which columns are visible in the Summary Table, as well as to reorder the columns.
- The Publication page now has Date Created and Last Updated columns.
Updating Profile Information
Researchers are strongly encouraged to review and update their profiles in Sapphire as soon as possible, taking particular note of mandatory fields within the Personal, Academic and Peer Review information sections.
Researchers are responsible for confirming that all mandatory information (indicated by red asterisk) and other profile fields relevant to specific Grant Opportunities are completed and up to date prior to submitting an application, or before being considered for peer review.
NHMRC uses this information for a variety of important purposes, including contacting applicants and assessors, assessing and assigning applications, funding ‘near miss’ applications through structural priority funding, analyses of NHMRC’s funding profile, reporting and evaluation.
A range of resources are available to assist researchers in navigating and updating their Profiles, including frequently asked questions on the Sapphire Help webpage and how-to videos in the Sapphire Knowledge Base (under Researcher > My Profile).
Please contact the Research Help Centre via email email@example.com for further information or assistance if required.